Thursday, December 12, 2013

Scriptwriting 101


I just completed the very first rough draft outline of an episode of White Trash Heroes.
It's not the first episode of the series, I started with the Xmas episode, because it's the episode I had the most ideas for. I don't know how much of an actual script I'm going to be writing for this because I have a game plan in mind that doesn't call for writing a standard script. My scripts will map out what happens during the scene and any bullet points that need to be touched on as far as dialogue, but much of the scene will be improv. If you want to check out what I've done, you can look at the post for the "Merry Fucking Xmas" episode. It's not a completed work even by my "bullet-point" script standards, but it is a start point. I'm going to get together with other writers in the coming weeks to flesh this out and work on other episodes. The most important thing is to make sure that the narrative is done very well. And we will definately have our work cut out for us with the sets. We will need a church hall with a pulpit and pews, a Santa's North Pole at the Mall, and a home decorated for xmas, in addition to our normal set. And I get to dress up as Santa Prick !!





No comments:

Post a Comment